Go Back   DRM Software Radio Forums > DRM Software Radio - User Forums > Links
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 30-04-2007, 17:02   #31
David G4DMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Davis
You say it's now possible to select which modes it auto scans - how do you do that?

Menu - Stations - Autoscan, then select which of the modes you wish to scan.

Glad you have sorted out the SD card. I had a feeling that might be the problem.

David
David G4DMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2007, 21:43   #32
jbriggs
James Briggs

I've just done the update today and compared to the software on the Radioscape module fitted in my year old Roberts there are numerous improvements.
Some of the things I like that are new to me:
Favourite stations list
AFS data indication on screen
AFS searching tells you how many AF it is going through and that it is searching
Backlight can select on, off (great if you want to extend battery life my one has the Sat Services modifications) or timeout, although as pointed out in an earlier post in on mode its always on even when Radio is in standby.
Ability to select what bands search is done in
Better integration of DAB/DRM/AM/FM in stations list

Im sure there are a whole load of other changes but those were the ones I noticed & liked.

James
jbriggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 06:43   #33
David G4DMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbriggs
Backlight can select on, off (great if you want to extend battery life my one has the Sat Services modifications) or timeout, although as pointed out in an earlier post in on mode its always on even when Radio is in standby.

With the new firmware I find that if the radio is left on standby, after a while the display changes from showing the clock to displaying the station information of the station to which the radio was last used. The menu, etc, can then be used even though the set is still in standby. I am wondering whether this bug is a consequence of me having carried out the Sat-Schneider mod.

Are you getting this effect, James?

David
Old 06-05-2007, 21:02   #34
OK1MJO

Hi, see:
http://jan.kepic.cz/view.php?cisloclanku=2007040009

Martin
OK1MJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 09:38   #35
Richard Davis

Apologies if this is old info, but as I'm new to this forum I don't know what's already been said! There seem to be some features on the M-R radio which are not mentioned in the handbook. I now know of two, one mentioned in a review I read and the other which I've found myself. The review (in the 2007 "Radio Listener's Guide") mentioned that holding the "Menu/Select" knob in for more than two seconds switches the radio to manual tuning, which is a lot quicker than going there via the menus - you get out of manual tuning again by pressing "Back". The other unmentioned feature is that, while playing a recording from the SD card, you can wind forward and back through it by turning the "Menu/Select" knob. Are there any other such "hidden" features?

Richard G3TDL
Richard Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 09:45   #36
jbriggs
James Briggs

Quote:
after a while the display changes from showing the clock to displaying the station information of the station to which the radio was last used. The menu, etc, can then be used even though the set is still in standby. I am wondering whether this bug is a consequence of me having carried out the Sat-Schneider mod.

Are you getting this effect, James?

David,
No I don't see this, I only see the clock in standby mode, but I will keep an eye out for this "feature".

James
Old 11-05-2007, 07:44   #37
Habakukk

Quote:
after a while the display changes from showing the clock to displaying the station information of the station to which the radio was last used. The menu, etc, can then be used even though the set is still in standby.

My Morphy Richards shows the same effect, since I upgraded to the new firmware...
Habakukk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2007, 15:21   #38
David G4DMP

MR clock in stand-by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habakukk
My Morphy Richards shows the same effect, since I upgraded to the new firmware...

Thanks for that; it does appear to be a bug in the new software.

David