DRM Software Radio Forums  

Go Back   DRM Software Radio Forums > DRM Software Radio - User Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 22-11-2014, 23:49   #1
AF4MP

Exclamation DRM on WBCQ 9330 kHz

Just heard "Timtron" on WBCQ say that they are planning to experiment with DRM on their 9330 kHz frequency. Stay tuned...

-Zyg- AF4MP
3402' N, 8424' W
EM74ta
AF4MP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 18:11   #2
tpreitzel

Well, I definitely saw a 20 kHz, yes dual channel, digital signal which was centered on 15420 kHz today so I'm assuming this test originated from WBCQ. The signal was strongest as I rotated my magnetic loop from a NE to SW direction at my location. I haven't seen a signal this strong in the USA since RNZI reduced their broadcasts to the Pacific. This DRM signal lasted until ~ 1730Z.

Three years have elapsed since WBCQ began musing about the possibility of using DRM, but apparently the time has finally arrived. WBCQ, when you finally use DRM on SW, please, PLEASE use 16 QAM modulation for the Main Service Channel (MSC). Thank you.

Great! Apparently, DRM is nearing sufficient thrust to blast-off.

Last edited by tpreitzel : 04-06-2017 at 18:25.
tpreitzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2019, 22:50   #3
tpreitzel

Where's the Beef? Just, Do It!

Allan Weiner on Twitter today said "9330kHz will be cooking real soon" via their new 500kW station. Hopefully, Allan will broadcast some real meat via robust DRM ... Be sure to aim some 500kW blasts over Cuba while you're at it, Allan. The time for digital tests is loooooooooong past.

Last edited by tpreitzel : 19-03-2019 at 15:27.
Old 28-03-2019, 16:08   #4
tpreitzel

When is "soon", Allan? I'm getting impatient! LoL Hopefully, you'll transmit increasing amounts of robust, 16 QAM digital on your new 500 kW SW station.
I'll be rather impatiently waiting.

https://twitter.com/AllanWBCQ/status...10190291357697
Old 23-04-2019, 12:22   #5
tpreitzel

https://twitter.com/AllanWBCQ/status...58471362469888

The implication is analog on 9330 kHz, not digital yet, but some digital testing could be included in time. We'll see. Allan would have to clarify his comment to be sure. The lion is ready to roar.
Old 01-05-2019, 12:29   #6
tpreitzel

https://twitter.com/AllanWBCQ/status...52742646132738

Here we go ... it's launch time for Godzilla of the Americas riding a 500 kW booster.
Old 03-05-2019, 12:22   #7
PhilipOneL

I'm hearing an AM signal of, I think, Brother Stair, or someone much like him, on 9330 kHz right now (1220 UTC Fri 3 May 2019). Here in downtown St John's it is weak and fades down to zero sometimes, but is quite intelligible on the peaks. No sign of a DRM signal on it.
PhilipOneL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 13:53   #8
tpreitzel

Thanks, Philip.

WBCQ must be running at a vastly reduced power output for their new station as they continue testing. Allan made an agreement with Stair to keep him on the air on their 50 kW station. I certainly hope that Allan does NOT extend that agreement to the 500 kW station. I'm still hopeful that Allan will broadcast some digital on their new 500 kW station so keep us posted as you can. I see an analog carrier at my location, but it's very weak. I'd guess WBCQ is probably testing at ~ 50 kW output on their new 500 kW station.
Old 03-05-2019, 13:58   #9
tpreitzel

LoL... I just visited Allan's Twitter page and saw this post after posting my response to Philip. Indeed, WBCQ was testing at 50 kW on their new station yesterday. I'm still hopeful for some digital from this new station.

https://twitter.com/AllanWBCQ/status...99388908711937
Old 12-05-2019, 02:44   #10
tpreitzel

************ WARNING: *****************************
Don't read further if controversial subjects bother you. Personally, I do NOT want to write it, but one of the most powerful SW stations on earth is at risk because of it. I'll tread as lightly as possible while stating a case which needs to be public IMO.

Allan Weiner,

Please consult a de-programmer for religious cults. You appear to be suffering from Stockholm Syndrome. I don't know RG Stair, but you evidently are a member of his cult whether intentional or not. RG Stair has apparently taken advantage of your love of the freedom of speech. Most leaders of religious cults mean well, but pervert the Gospel through a mixture of old and new testaments. Once indoctrinated into a religious cult, the only permanent means of exiting it is by a thorough knowledge of the closed canon. The closed canon MUST be thoroughly and carefully read in order to combat a perverse interpretation. I'm familiar with religious cults so my initial advice is to seek a de-programmer for religious cults and start reading the most accurate translation of the Protestant canon today. Don't delay as time only makes exiting such cults increasingly difficult. You'll wrongly think you're betraying God by leaving such a cult, but as long as you stay in the Word by reading it, life will be much happier and simpler as a result. I wish you the best, Allan, and I hope to hear sound religious programming on WBCQ one day via DRM. First, you must know what the latter is and cults take advantage of ignorance through misguided preaching. The need for preaching ended with the closed canon, but the need for reading the canon took its place.

Last edited by tpreitzel : 16-05-2019 at 18:00.
Old 14-05-2019, 16:07   #11
tpreitzel

Apparently, the new Continental 500 kW transmitter recently installed at WBCQ does not currently have the necessary hardware to transmit DRM ... an absurd oversight for a new transmitter. Hopefully, this problem will be corrected. Sheer craziness...