DRM Software Radio Forums  

Go Back   DRM Software Radio Forums > DRM Software Radio - User Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 27-02-2007, 19:30   #1
digitalradiotec

Morphy Richards 27024 - playing recorded files

I've got a Morphy Richards 27024 DRM/DAB/FM/AM radio, and you can record DRM stations onto an SD card. But after transferring a recorded file to my PC its file extension is .DRM. I've tried changing the file extension to .mp4, because that's the extension usually used for HE-AAC encoded files, but the file won't play in Winamp, foobar2000 or VLC.

Does anybody know how to playback recorded files on a PC?
Old 27-02-2007, 23:46   #2
Owdjim

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalradiotec
I've got a Morphy Richards 27024 DRM/DAB/FM/AM radio, and you can record DRM stations onto an SD card. But after transferring a recorded file to my PC its file extension is .DRM. I've tried changing the file extension to .mp4, because that's the extension usually used for HE-AAC encoded files, but the file won't play in Winamp, foobar2000 or VLC.

Does anybody know how to playback recorded files on a PC?

I understand it is some Morphy Richards "standard"

If you find anything I'd like to know too - nothing I've tried works so far.

BTW I've found my set (which has Ulf Schneider's "big antenna" mod) works suprisingly well here in NZ - RTL 5990 & DW 13810 kHz sounding very good.
I actually bought the radio for the DAB trials currently running here, but haven't had a chance to get within the DAB coverage areas yet.

Cheers, Chris
My online receivers: http://radio.owdjim.gen.nz/
Owdjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2007, 12:21   #3
digitalradiotec

Someone on another forum has suggested that it might be that the DRM transport stream headers haven't been removed, which would certainly explain why it doesn't play, because no media players will know anything about the details of the DRM transport stream.

If this is the case, and I think it probably is, then Radioscape (who make the DRM/DAB modules) should really sort this out, and presumably it'll be sorted in some future software update - and presumably the Morphy Richards can be upgraded via the USB socket on the back.
Old 28-02-2007, 18:56   #4
DRM-Fan

According to a post on my yahoo group for the MR radio the DRM files will only play on the radio, copyright reasons I suppose
Old 01-03-2007, 15:16   #5
Radiofan

@Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owdjim
BTW I've found my set (which has Ulf Schneider's "big antenna" mod) works suprisingly well here in NZ - RTL 5990 & DW 13810 kHz sounding very good.
I actually bought the radio for the DAB trials currently running here, but haven't had a chance to get within the DAB coverage areas yet.

Cheers, Chris

Hi,
That's an amazing report... You should report this to the radiostations, too. You will get QSL-Cards for sure.
I don't know how many Ground to Ionosphere and Ionosphere to Ground - "Hops" are necessary to reach the opposite side of the world.

Tried to receive RNZI on 6890 KHz last weekend without success. ;o((

Gruß
Georg
Radiofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 11:35   #6
Radiofan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiofan
@Chris

Hi,
That's an amazing report... You should report this to the radiostations, too. You will get QSL-Cards for sure.
I don't know how many Ground to Ionosphere and Ionosphere to Ground - "Hops" are necessary to reach the opposite side of the world.

Tried to receive 6890 KHz last weekend without success. ;o((

Gruß
Georg

Sorry, for sure it should read: RNZI on 9890 KHz.

Gruß
Georg
Radiofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 09:08   #7
Owdjim

Hello Georg

RNZI DRM is back on air again. They had a faulty transmitter and were waiting for parts from Europe.

I already have quite a few DRM QSL cards

Cheers, Chris
My online receivers: http://radio.owdjim.gen.nz/
Owdjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:54   #8
drmdab

I just noticed CDNSE have some kind of workaround for playing ".rec" files of their DR111 receiver. Maybe there is a chance to play ".drm"-files with DREAM aswell? I tried with some very old Multyradio-files which did not work but maybe there is hope for other receivers?
Old 15-09-2015, 01:07   #9
PhilipOneL

*bump*

In the intervening years, has anyone come up with a workaround to play .drm files outside the MR radio set?
PhilipOneL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2016, 19:47   #10
PhilipOneL

*New bump*

Again, nearly another year has gone by. Does anyone know of a way to play the MR-generated files in another player?
PhilipOneL is offline   Reply With Quote