DRM Software Radio Forums  

Go Back   DRM Software Radio Forums > DRM Software Radio - User Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 25-04-2019, 12:16   #301
tpreitzel

Chris,

I know it doesn't help yet, but Julian probably needs to include the missing QT5 plugins with each release of DReaM.

"All Qt GUI applications require a plugin that implements the Qt Platform Abstraction (QPA) layer in Qt 5. For Windows, the name of the platform plugin is qwindows.dll. This file must be located within a specific subdirectory (by default, platforms) under your distribution directory. Alternatively, it is possible to adjust the search path Qt uses to find its plugins, as described below.

Your application may also depend on one or more Qt plugins, such as the print support plugin, the JPEG image format plugin or a SQL driver plugin. Be sure to distribute any Qt plugins that you need with your application. Similar to the platform plugin, each type of plugin must be located within a specific subdirectory (such as printsupport, imageformats or sqldrivers) within your distribution directory."

Source for the aforementioned quotation:

https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/windows-deployment.html

This second link contains a synopsis of the process of configuring QT5 on a specific installation, but it still needs all of the missing plugins for QT5, e.g. qwindows.dll.

" Another thing that isn't very well documented in Qt5.

There are two solutions:

1. Create a file named "qt.conf". Put this in the same directory as your executable. Put this in it:

[Paths]
Plugins=/plugins

Then, create a directory called "plugins" in the shared plugins location, and a subdirectory "platforms" inside that. From your Qt distribution, find this same directory, and copy the file "qwindows.dll" from that directory into your own platforms directory.

In this case, your installation looks like:

/YourAppInstallFolder
- YourApp.exe
- any needed Qt DLLs
- qt.conf

/YourSharedPluginsInstallFolder
- /plugins
- /platforms
qwindows.dll

2. You can create the /plugins/platforms directory as a sub-directory of your application install directory, and put the dll there.

In this case, your installation will look like this:

/YourAppInstallFolder
- YourApp.exe
- any needed Qt DLLs
- /plugins
-/platforms
- qwindows.dll

Hope this helps. "

Source:

https://www.qtcentre.org/threads/56516-Cound-not-find-or-load-qt-platform-plugin-windows-No-working-solution-yet-!

Last edited by tpreitzel : 25-04-2019 at 12:35.
tpreitzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2019, 15:06   #302
tpreitzel

Audio stuttering from v2.2.1:

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php...92166056712810

ALSA devices poll correctly, but not Pulseaudio devices due to r1291. Good work bringing FDK to DReaM.... we're almost there.

Last edited by tpreitzel : 25-04-2019 at 19:44.
Old 26-04-2019, 21:52   #303
tpreitzel

R1293 has another assertion error in PulseAudio as previously stated for an earlier revison. The solution is probably the same or similar, but it still needs to be fixed. Maybe, it already has since I haven't had much time today.
Attached Files
File Type: txt error_r1293.txt (545 Bytes, 29 views)
Old 30-04-2019, 02:32   #304
tpreitzel

Revision 1304 continues to have "playback overflows" with choppy audio, but the GUI doesn't generally crash so progress is being made. I'll just privately test before deciding whether to announce if members should test as well. This update of DReaM will be significantly different internally from previous versions so I expect problems.

Furthermore, Chris, Julian has announced that he'll try to include any missing DLLs, e.g. qwindows.dll, in future releases of DReaM for Windows.

Last edited by tpreitzel : 30-04-2019 at 02:45.
Old 30-04-2019, 13:36   #305
Owdjim

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpreitzel
Furthermore, Chris, Julian has announced that he'll try to include any missing DLLs, e.g. qwindows.dll, in future releases of DReaM for Windows.

Good. I spent a while trying qwindows.dll's from elsewhere & fiddling around with the conf file all to no avail. Have given up for now. Life is too short for me to be bothered with this sort of testing these days. Now, if Dream was written in Fortran.....

Cheers, Chris
My online receivers: http://radio.owdjim.gen.nz/
Owdjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 13:40   #306
tpreitzel

R1325 still has problems with decoding DRM files. The choppy audio continues while decoding with PLAYBACK OVERFLOWS. The I/O interface light turns yellow and the audio stops entirely until I change some parameter on the GUI like the sample rate. When the sample rate is changed, the choppy audio resumes for a few seconds with a green light on the I/O interface, then the audio stops entirely as the I/O interface light turns yellow again.
Old 13-05-2019, 00:48   #307
tpreitzel

R1331 is still broken similar to R1325 .... Keep at it, guys. I knew this project was going to be problematic, but it'll be worth it in the end. DReaM has been quite buggy for years and has needed a significant rewrite for years.
Old 12-06-2019, 18:31   #308
tpreitzel

R1334 is still badly broken... The last fairly functional version of DReaM prior to the FDK modifications is probably r1031. Is it time to rewrite DReaM from scratch? Probably ...