DRM Software Radio Forums  

Go Back   DRM Software Radio Forums > DRM Software Radio - User Forums > Reception Results - Recent Posts
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30-10-2018, 13:52   #1
tpreitzel

WINB @ 13690 kHz

I'll be posting the log in a bit.

RANT
I need to rant a bit about interference from Cuba which has been ongoing for DECADES. If Cuba wants to remain outside the international order, so be it, but Cuba needs to play by SOME of the rules governing shortwave broadcasts. My recommendation for dealing with Cuba's ultra-wide noise, sometimes 50 kHz wide, consists of soliciting the NASB, HFCC, and WBCQ for an agreement on using the 500 kW capability of WBCQ's new transmitter to periodically override Cuba's broadcasts on a number of their frequencies until Cuba begins to play ball. In no way, shape, or form will Cuba be able to withstand such power. I'm willing to bet that Cuba, much, MUCH sooner than later, will understand that their former petulant and cavalier attitude on shortwave will have to be replaced with respect and cooperation. Let Cuba attempt to retaliate in vain if necessary. One either disciplines a petulant child like Cuba or the current intolerable situation continues. No one LIKES to discipline a petulant child, but it MUST be done unfortunately.
/RANT

This log will naturally be significantly marred by Cuba's wide-band noise on 13700 kHz. The frequency of 13690 kHz is pretty clear itself, but Cuba's adjacent noise just tarnishes it during Cuba's broadcasting.
Attached Images
File Type: png 13690-181030-1339-1500-TPR.png (38.0 KB, 137 views)

Last edited by tpreitzel : 30-10-2018 at 16:17.
tpreitzel is offline   Reply With Quote