DRM Software Radio Forums  

Go Back   DRM Software Radio Forums > DRM Software Radio - User Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17-11-2006, 10:15   #1
JC Aragon

Morphy Richards DRM Radio

The functionality with only a control for all the functions of the menus is quite complicated at first.

More buttons is what you miss , but with a little of practicing you can manage soon the receiver.

Well, the main deficiency of this receiver is the lack of a connection of outdoor antenna. Everything must be done by the telescoping antenna. Then, the receiver requests antenna for everything. That is, that the telescoping antenna is not enough for the receiverīs operation.

The reception of the conventional bands (AM/FM) is acceptable. The RDS fuction of the FM is very showy and enough outpost.

The reception of DRM frequencies on the Short Wave has the one problem of the little signal and quality by the telescoping antenna. That is the reason of the the outdoor antenna .

I have received DRM transmissions of the DW, Voice of Russia, Radio Nederland with the pertinent fadings and cuts of signal.

I have still not been able to make pick up of DRM in Medium wave.

The receiver comes with preselected frequencies, to the taste of the Germanic hearings, and is a little envies to see how the list of transmitters is enough interesting, but without the possibility of receiving them here in Spain.

I do not explain the behavior of this receiver handled in a block of floors, or building of reinforced concrete or steel, with the poor yield of that telescoping antenna. It gives the sensation of who has designed it or lives in a high and isolated zone, or in the gardens of the megawatt transmitter facilities.

I must study the idea to use an outdoor antenna and to connect it of some way to the receiver. Or connecting it to the telescoping antenna by means of a crocodile clamp.

But most evident of everything it is the shortage of emissions in DRM and, mainly, with big powers and destined to our zones.

You must wait for great periods of time for a block of emissions begins towards Europe and there is no possibility, sometimes, to have two parallel frequencies to be able to choose one or another one. The same receiver is able to do it in a search.

Of course, first it is to look for all possible and updated info of the world-wide emissions on DRM. That is easy in the sites webs available.

For a radio anorak , the receiver can frustate the experience of DRM.

So far I have experienced neither the reception of band DAB nor the facilities to record and to reproduce by means of SD cards.

Without the possibility of connecting an external antenna , I have not been able to connect the DAB antenna to it.

Of course, I will be writing down different next impressions on the handling from the receiver.
JC Aragon is offline   Reply With Quote