Quite amazing, I get 6 dB SNR here in Stockholm at 12:30 local time. (11:30 UTC). Both Sync and Data LEDs are active. The RFI Tx in Sankt-Petersburg is interfering with RTL.
I was always told the further North you are the better the signal would be on 1440, I lived in the North-West for 27 years and have lived here in the South- East for the past 8 years or so and not noticed any differance in reception, so hopefully we should get a decent reception where we are, fingurs crossed. Mind you we don't even know where they are aiming the signal, I would presume where they always have aimed it?
Antenna pattern should be ok for UK. DRM Transmission mode and bitrate might be a bit too high for skywave propagation, I hope reports will give us a clue on this matter.
Looking forward to it Michel, no real MW/DRM tests anywhere, and as you have probably noticed I rate RTL highly and want you to suceed with DRM, but I do get frustrated at times.
Any info on what will be broadcast tonight?
Paul
Originally posted by lx1nw Antenna pattern should be ok for UK. DRM Transmission mode and bitrate might be a bit too high for skywave propagation, I hope reports will give us a clue on this matter.
Now that would be worth staying up for, I think they should use the Musicjam shows, be a good test I think, as for poor Mike he is stuck on Saga here in the UK
Originally posted by carknue A good copy of a good old Mike Hollis show would be nice.
Comment