DRM Software Radio Forums  

Go Back   DRM Software Radio Forums > DRM Software Radio - User Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 21-07-2013, 21:40   #1
tpreitzel

Political Ramifications of Hybrid Radio

From history, I can see the pitfall of integrating radio into a larger global network. Notice the recent push for RadioDNS which can and will be used to track listeners. Notice the new version of EasyPal which uploads and downloads images from the InterNet instead of transmitting them over the air. Any entity monitoring various websites will now know who sent or received the images. Even proxy servers are only marginally effective. Is this move to integrate radio into a larger global network merely for the sake of convenience for the users? History says no. This move to integrate radio into a larger global network is about monitoring and for the convenience of the snoopers. Recent revelations about the extent of global snooping by the NSA and its corporate surrogates like Google are simply the tip of an iceberg.

I know this subject will be controversial, but someone needs to say it. Lessons from history will prove its veracity in time.

Last edited by tpreitzel : 21-07-2013 at 21:43.
tpreitzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2013, 10:45   #2
tpreitzel

The stronger the push for traceable hybrid radio by globalists bent on monitoring every form of communication, the stronger will be resistance to it. My response to hybrid radio isn't just no, it's hell NO now and forever even if I have to build receivers myself to avoid chips enabling backdoor snoops.

http://www.radioworld.com/article/ib...sterdam/221445

Last edited by tpreitzel : 22-09-2013 at 10:49.
Old 22-09-2013, 11:24   #3
tpreitzel

True, as long as hybrid radio is avoided like a plague ...

http://swling.com/blog/2013/09/short...-korean-homes/
Old 13-10-2013, 04:40   #4
tpreitzel

Any suggestion that excessive power consumption is the only disadvantage of adding functionality to portable radios which might identify a listener's location, e.g RadioDNS, GPS, is nonsense. Even if someone listens to a long distance DRM shortwave broadcast which lies outside the warning area of some emergency broadcast, the listener should have enough intelligence to discern thus. Frankly, as a long distance listener, I WANT to receive such local emergency broadcasts at MY option, but I doubt that broadcasters will be using shortwave transmitters for broadcasting local warnings. I suspect broadcasters will be using medium wave DRM transmitters instead. My radios certainly won't have GPS, RadioDNS, or any other mechanism which is capable of tracking my location or position.

Last edited by tpreitzel : 13-10-2013 at 05:24.
Old 18-12-2013, 00:14   #5
tpreitzel

http://www.frontier-silicon.com/new-...s#.UrDzN9dtvIw

Frontier, remove the Bluetooth connectivity from the chip-set, Chorus 4, and then we can talk ...