View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 21:56   #11
Ok, and here's the result of my audigy-4 soundcard. I think its a very ambivalent result: I hoped and thought it would perform better, particularly in 48 khz mode.

The carrier is at about -19 kHz and the spectrum till zero is ok, but on the other side there is a carrier which should't be there at +10 kHz! The next at +19 kHz is ok again.

I wonder why i can't null the image reception out as good as mitajohn at any device i have got. Or is it the ne555 at 9 Volt which messes me up in that problem?

Next test was in 96 kHz and at that rate the audigy worked very well without any aditional carriers (but only the multiples of 19 kHZ which is ok)

I found out some strange behavior: If i pull down the potentiometer to zero many carriers appear on the spectrum. Pull it up and they dissapear...

So, in result: Can i use it for I/Q operation or does the carrier at +10 kHZ ruin the signal in 48 kHz mode. And: can i run dream at 96 kHz?
Apart from that: How can it be that two same model-devices can be as different as mine and Wolfgangs device?
Attached Images
File Type: gif soundcard-tester_audigy4.gif (96.6 KB, 1828 views)
"Pappradio" 2 SDR / Himalaya 2009, near Leer/Ostfriesland (Web remote-controlled) 15m Long-Wire / Active Deltaloop, Asus Xonar 192 kHz / Realtek HD Soundcard, Atom 330 ITX Mainboard, rural area; 53'10N, 7'27E;

Last edited by maxpower : 09-06-2007 at 07:42.
maxpower is offline   Reply With Quote