Thread: DRMcalc
View Single Post
Old 18-10-2005, 04:45   #5
FritzWue

Hello Carsten,

some thoughts:

-
"My intension behind is, to avoid screenshots in this forum that contains either no TX-RX distance calculations or wrong distances. The distance and direction from TX is quite important, especially for broadcasters."
-

I think there is only a very low percentage of beginner's reports with missing distances, and you still depend on the user to use the right coordinates. So a correct distance is still not sure.

-
"I changed the background color, because there were some complaints about the legibility of the yellow graph on some XP desktops schemes. Now there is a maximum legibility on all desktop schemes and this is also important."
-

Maybe for programmes and machines, I cannot read the scaling lines anymore.

-
"Everybody has a different taste and that is the reason why I will not make colors user changeable. Then everybody would have his own colors and it would be quite difficult to compare the results."
-

For me this all is not a matter of taste but - as you want- a matter of legibility. Why not use a white background and something different than yellow then. I don't care if it's white or grey background, but black is the worst solution for my eyes.

By the way, I just tested the printing option with my Epson printer.
Do you have a contract with the ink industry?
My printer really prints the black background, the paper is all wet!

Again I think white background would be the best solution.

Regards
Friedrich Wuelfing
DK6QI

Last edited by FritzWue : 18-10-2005 at 04:49.
FritzWue is offline   Reply With Quote