DRM Software Radio Forums

DRM Software Radio Forums (http://www.drmrx.org/forum/index.php)
-   General Topics (http://www.drmrx.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   DRMcalc (http://www.drmrx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1223)

simone 15-08-2010 20:00

The Tx update should be working OK again, so it should not be necessary anymore to edit the drmtx file, please let me know of any problems.
Simone

Siber 16-08-2010 02:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by simone
The Tx update should be working OK again, so it should not be necessary anymore to edit the drmtx file, please let me know of any problems.
Simone


I also had some problem with the Tx update. It's OK now.Thank You Simone.

Mikey 02-08-2014 10:16

Does anyone know how or if I can get this to log recordings using DREAM and my Dongle?

AF4MP 03-08-2014 02:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey
Does anyone know how or if I can get this to log recordings using DREAM and my Dongle?


Hi Mikey,

The author of DRMCalc has, as far as I know, not responded (in this forum) to any questions in the recent past.

As a preferred alternative why don't you try out Terje's program that does much more (he is available on this site and currently posting under the pseudonym "Digger")?

I've been very pleased with the program - I urge you to try out:
http://www.hobbyradio.se/en/drm/drmlogplot_en.html

richardinprague 09-08-2014 06:30

Newstar measurements
 
I've always be puzzled about Newstar`s "MER" measurement.

Doesn't this mean Mean Error Rate?

If so, how can a RATE be expressed in deciBels, which is usually a RATIO expressed logarithmically? What is MER actually measuring?

Grateful if anyone can clarify for me.

All the best

Richard+?

Digger 09-08-2014 07:02

O.T.
 
Hi Richard,

According to the Broadcast user's manual it means "Modulation Error Ratio (MER)":

"The MER indicates the ratio between the wanted vector and the error vector and is normally expressed in dB. Thus a high MER figure shows that the error vector is small compared with the wanted vector and in consequence there should be little difficulty in correctly decoding the data represented by the carrier phase and amplitude. For a compliant DRM transmitter, an MER of 30dB or greater should be expected."

richardinprague 10-08-2014 06:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digger
Hi Richard,

According to the Broadcast user's manual it means "Modulation Error Ratio (MER)":

"The MER indicates the ratio between the wanted vector and the error vector and is normally expressed in dB. Thus a high MER figure shows that the error vector is small compared with the wanted vector and in consequence there should be little difficulty in correctly decoding the data represented by the carrier phase and amplitude. For a compliant DRM transmitter, an MER of 30dB or greater should be expected."


>>Many thanks for your very clear reply, "Digger"! Now I understand what it means and how it's measured :-)

Regards
Richard<<


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:36.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.