DRM Software Radio Forums

DRM Software Radio Forums (http://www.drmrx.org/forum/index.php)
-   Reception Results - Recent Posts (http://www.drmrx.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   6015 kHz The Disco Palace from Issoudun (http://www.drmrx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2184)

simone 10-02-2010 10:15

6015 kHz The Disco Palace from Issoudun

"The Disco Palace" will start daily transmissions at 1400- 1500 UTC on 6015 kHz from Issoudun today, using 60 kW RMS and 2 / 2 antenna at 60° as on TDPradio transmissions.

Please post results and comments here.

Thanks,
Simone

drmdab 10-02-2010 13:30

2 Attachment(s)
Too sad it's just a one-hour-brodcast... I like the "now-playing"-service but dislike the typical TDP-sound-quality.

>99% CDA but I noticed some audio-feed-drop-outs.
Nice jingles, btw.

As you can see in the logfile, I still have some problems with the plotting software but will reinstall everything in the next days. Hopefully it will work then.

FritzWue 10-02-2010 14:08

2 Attachment(s)
Some minor problems with the sound feed.
I like the typical TDP-sound-quality and dislike disco music. :D

drmdab 10-02-2010 14:13

I can understand your different taste of music but how can you be statisfied with that metallic sound? :D

f1tay 10-02-2010 14:17

1 Attachment(s)
Reception at Paris.
Daniel

FritzWue 10-02-2010 14:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by drmdab
I can understand your different taste of music but how can you be statisfied with that metallic sound? :D

Hi Douglas,

compared to many other DRM stations TDP sounds good with my EDIROL MA-15D speakers,
i.e. RTL, B5aktuell etc. sound much worse.

simone 10-02-2010 14:56

2 Attachment(s)
Good results, just some of the small dips due to the Tx problem, did not notice any MDI feed problems, sound quality is OK, nice to see dynamic labels are working.
Two logs, second log is with a CIAO H101 that I currently have for testing.
Simone

drmdab 10-02-2010 15:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by FritzWue
compared to many other DRM stations TDP sounds good

That's correct, Fritz. By the way, I think that the guys at BNR Digital did a quite good job regarding the audio-quality of their DRM transmission. TDP sounds okay, but not that good. :)

Actually I should be happy to be able to listen to a new DRM station, shouldn't I?

Great log with CIAO Radio, Simone!

FritzWue 11-02-2010 14:09

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

By the way, I think that the guys at BNR Digital did a quite good job regarding the audio-quality of their DRM transmission.

Yes, a real improvement!

Again some audio problems and a longer interruption on today's transmission:

drmdab 11-02-2010 14:30

1 Attachment(s)
I can confirm the longer drop-out and the problems with the audio.

simone 11-02-2010 14:45

1 Attachment(s)
A few problems today, maybe CS problems- seemed the dynamic text messages were not working correctly before the break.
Simone

lmaes 11-02-2010 16:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by simone
A few problems today, maybe CS problems- seemed the dynamic text messages were not working correctly before the break.
Simone

Indeed text messages were not renewed, a problem at the transmitter site. That's why the service was restarted.

lmaes 11-02-2010 16:41

Quote:

Too sad it's just a one-hour-brodcast... I like the "now-playing"-service but dislike the typical TDP-sound-quality.

>99% CDA but I noticed some audio-feed-drop-outs.
Nice jingles, btw.

As you can see in the logfile, I still have some problems with the plotting software but will reinstall everything in the next days. Hopefully it will work then.

Interesting to read that listeners have a different view on audio quality. We at TDP are trying to obtain the highest audio quality possible, so any advice from listeners is most welcome.

As far as we understand, BNR is sometimes using mode A, but in mono. Do you prefer mono instead of parametric stereo? Do you know advantages and/or distadvantages for using mode A instead of mode B?

lmaes 11-02-2010 16:42

Quote:

Nice jingles, btw.

Nice to hear that you like the jingles :) .

simone 11-02-2010 17:06

Dear Ludo,
you asked drmdab about modes and bitrates, anyway I would like to comment on this if you donīt mind.
With mode A you get a higher bitrate with about the same robustness of the signal, besides on the transmissions from BNR you can also see that on some transmissions form VT Group originating from the UK, also BBC&DW use it during the day. Unfortunately on your transmissions on 6015 kHz from Issoudun in my location the IR is too long for using mode A, so I would be outside the service area, I can send you some RSCI recordings if you are interested.
Maybe it would work on the US transmissions with the higher frequency.
Concerning parametric stereo, for low bitrates I would prefer mono, but from about 20 kb/s using parametric stereo is OK.
Regards,
Simone