PDA

View Full Version : need for drm enabled receivers and / or drm retro-fit modules

mvs sarma
15-03-2012, 12:51
I have just received a copy of drm newsletter. I felt that in the abscence of adequate and affordable receivers, the transmitters would only be heating the ether.
I had replied to the press officec, if some one reads, copy of text is attached here for general appreciation of our members.

" I being an ex DoT employee and electronics as hobby can manage .
there are no affordable receivers , if at all any Rx are available they are in IN Rs 20,000/- ($4000) approx) range, or more.
Perhaps thrust needs to be given for increasing the listeners, whithout which public money would be just wasted. Please try to take in proper perspective.

In the Indian context when televisions were new, ETTDC ( electronics trade and technology development corporation has frozen some designs and madfde TV RX sets available.

Perhaps we need some such step, early so that what ever purpose these Transmitters are aimed at, would be realized.

all the best for a brighter future of DRM transmissions and their popularity.

i sincerely feel that a sort of retrofit module without need for pc or laptop would also serve. "

Digger
16-03-2012, 18:49
Hi,

I have ordered a pre-production sample of the Chengdu Newstar Electronics "DR111 DRM Radio" and it is said to be an affordable receiver. See it here:
http://www.cdnse.com/products/dr111/

I will not mention the sample price in accordance with the supplier's wish, but it is affordable, that much I can say. When I have the sample in my hands, I will test it out and tell you about my findings in this Forum.

gccradioscience
24-03-2012, 04:12
I feel us in the USA needs a radio that has shortwave, LW, AM, and FM and has a DRM 12 kHz output jack if a chipset cannot be fit the receiver. Better yet make a DRM add on decoder that you can plug in the back of your seperate tuner that has all of the bells and whistles to receive DRM and DRM+ AM/FM transmissions. A short wave radio portable would be good with a chipset, software for HD Radio and DRM, especially with DSP chipsets. And yes it needs to be affordable. Why can HD Radio and DRM can be working together and stop making DRM like Betamax Video Tapes or DAT. And HD radio like CD players and VCRs. We need a dual tuning system!

RichD790
27-03-2012, 10:21
We await your findings with eager anticipation.............

Best regards

Richard

Hi,

I have ordered a pre-production sample of the Chengdu Newstar Electronics "DR111 DRM Radio" and it is said to be an affordable receiver. See it here:
http://www.cdnse.com/products/dr111/

I will not mention the sample price in accordance with the supplier's wish, but it is affordable, that much I can say. When I have the sample in my hands, I will test it out and tell you about my findings in this Forum.