PDA

View Full Version : Grundig Satellit 2100 Suitable for DRM?

pdeitch
01-03-2009, 21:45
Hi
I have a rather nice Satellit 2100 which was a wedding present a long, long time ago, and a Sat-Schneider DRM Miniature mixer unit which was also a present. Can any one advise if they are compatible and if so where I should connect the mixer unit to the Satellit. (I have the circuit diagram and manual together with the original SSB unit).
If not compatible, which radio would members suggest as a suitable host, up to 150 Euros.
Paul

simone
02-03-2009, 18:42
Hi Paul,
thatīs quite an old (and heavy weight!) receiver, I had not really great results with some later Grundig models, but anyway should be worth trying, hope you have the tunable LC-mixer version from Sat-Schneider, as the Satellit 2100 has an IF of 460 kHz.
If it does not work, I would recommend to look for a used Sony ICF SW 7600 G model.
Simone

pdeitch
02-03-2009, 20:54
Thanks for replying. Yes its the LC version. If I post a scan of the circuit can you advise where I should take off the signal from? I have a basic understanding of electronics, but not of radio circuits.

simone
02-03-2009, 21:23
...If I post a scan of the circuit can you advise where I should take off the signal from?
Yes, should be no problem to tell where to tap the IF signal, if the scan is too large to post here, please send it by email and I will take a look.
Simone