PDA

View Full Version : Roland Ramisch dk8cb

jbriggs
09-11-2006, 16:31
Roland Ramisch dk8cb

This morning I received some very sad news, that Roland has been killed in a motorcycle accident in Germany.
Roland was one of the most active members of the forum, with more than 3000 posts. He was a forum moderator. He also produced excellent reports on the IFA event each year, the last one had many pictures of the radios and is a truly useful reference document.
http://www.drmrx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1485

Rolands last post on this forum was November 4th at 19.23

He will be greatly missed by me and, I am sure, others on this forum.

James

simone
09-11-2006, 18:41
Thanks James for this post.
I guess I am one of the very few members on this forum who had the chance to meet him in person. Besides all his results, reports and comments that Roland posted on this forum he also did some great work as one of the moderators, maybe not so much noticed by others.
He will really be missed by me too.
Simone

corrados
09-11-2006, 21:04
Hi James and others,

this is a very sad information. I did not meet Roland in person but I exchanged a lot of private mails with him. He was always a strong supporter of the Dream software and helped me a lot to improve the development. He was also the most active member in the Dream forums and answered most of the support questions. I will really miss him, too.

Volker

Funkerberg
09-11-2006, 22:18
Ich habe ihn nicht persönlich kennen gelernt, in zahlreichen Emails haben wir diverse technische Erörterungen gewälzt.
Er war immer kompetent, korrekt und hilfsbereit, in seiner eigenen Art.
Ich kann es nicht glauben. Es ist eine große Ungerechtigkeit.

Viele Grüße Rainer.

Ager
09-11-2006, 22:49
This news threw a long shadow on my day. I have been passive here for a while but I have followed the forum daily, with great expectations especially to comments by Roland. His attitude was fascinating, I think he got very close to knowing the unknown, ie. shortwaves. So much will depend on the rest of the forum participants now, all of you. With no more Rolands posts but with Roland on our minds, I hope the forum will keep alive.

jbriggs
09-11-2006, 23:20
Simone found this story, I am sure this relates to the death of Roland. It is even more tragic than my first report, it was not a motorcycle accident, but Roland was hit by a drunk driver while he was on his bicycle.

roland (http://www.live-aus-muenchen.de/default.asp?PkId=272&LCID=1031&ParentId=277&ArticleId=4783)
roland 2 (http://www.live-aus-muenchen.de/default.asp?PkId=272&LCID=1031&ParentId=277&ArticleId=4779)

fibber
10-11-2006, 00:54
Thanks for the articles Simone. I feel terrible. Roland certainly had his own opinions, but his knowledge, willingness and assistance were such an asset to the forum. Rest in peace Roland.

zfyoung
10-11-2006, 01:40
Oh, my God! This is truly a bad news! I'd personally received many helps from Roland even I barely knew him half away across the globe. He is so kind and generous in giving me every support I needed. God bless you Roland.

Brendan1
10-11-2006, 04:34
I am so sorry to hear and read of Roland's passing. We have lost a fellow enthusiast, but his family has had yet a greater loss. My condolences to them during this truly unfortunate time.

mitajohn
10-11-2006, 08:49
I'm very sorry to hear of Roland's passing. It is very tragic.

I barely knew him but he had helped me a lot in my first steps in this project.

I am sure we all sympathise very deeply indeed with his family in their very sad bereavement.

carknue
10-11-2006, 10:01
That are really sad news... Like most others here, I had also email contact with him. The circumstences of his death are very tragic. I will also miss him.

richard
10-11-2006, 10:13
Very sad news. Roland appeared to be a very generous person, always prepared to answer your questions, no matter how trivial. A great loss.

sveron
10-11-2006, 15:06
Really sad. Roland was always helpful with his answers to questions in the forum. For sure he was a good person. May he be blessed.

Regards, Stephane

GRUSON
10-11-2006, 16:57
Very sad new that Roland DK8CB is now a "silent key" even if in our case he was only "receiving" DRM and sending us very valuable reports.

Jacques Gruson / F6AJW

CT1ADT
10-11-2006, 18:45
Bad news. A great loss.
Rest in peace Roland

Esteves / ct1adt

df9rb
11-11-2006, 07:21
What sad news. As the previous speakers wrote Roland had an excellent knowledge about electronics and he shared this to everyone. When I started "DRMing" he gave me many hours teaching how to compile Dream.
I will cherish his instructions.

Bernd, DF9RB

aru
11-11-2006, 21:07
Addio Roland!

aru
Venice - Italy

AF4MP
12-11-2006, 01:57
I just saw the notice of his death.

My deepest condolences to his family and friends.

-Zyg-

Julian
12-11-2006, 07:45
Roland was one of our best critics! The kind that pushes one to do better and provides information to help.

I will miss him.

Julian
BBC World Service

lsenperenag
12-11-2006, 14:04
It is sad
My personal condolence to their family and friends

Digger
29-11-2006, 16:09
I did not see this until today, when I was searching for something entirely different. Terrible news. And, after having read the articles of the accident, hitting someone totally innocent, that is terrible. I did not know Roland personally either, but we have had some contact by e-mail regarding receivers and antennas, which I think both of us enjoyed. This was really sad news.