PDA

View Full Version : New Version of DRM Discoverer

carknue
27-10-2005, 21:00
After more than one year, the brand new version 2.0 of DRM Discoverer is ready to download! Just in time for the winter schedule B05;)

Because the old thread is deleted, here comes a short intoduction of DRM Discoverer:

The DRM Discoverer will guide you through the rapidly increasing number of daily DRM transmissions. The schedule always shows in green the broadcasts, that are currently on the air. Red transmissions are comming next. Just select one and your connected receiver will tune immediately to this frequency. DRM Discoverer is especially designed for the the use with the DRM Software Radio from Fraunhofer, where you can easily start and stop log files with just one click. Nevertheless you can also use DRM Discoverer together with Dream, because it provides more RX controlls and you can tune just with your mouse wheel, but the log function of Dream cannot be controlled.

Currently supported receivers are: AOR AR 7030, Yaesu FRG100, FT757GX, FRG8800, FT847, TenTec RX320D, WiNRADiO G303, ICOM PCR-1000, Elektor DRM RX and Telefunken E1800, NRD 545 and Digital World Traveller.

And these are the new features and changes in version 2.0:

- added support of Coding Technologies Digital World Traveller
- added support of NRD 545
- increased number of rows in schedule grid
- added 7 user editable frequency presets (edit the ini file)
- added some cleverness to the blue bar for detecting current transmissions
- reduced CPU usage
- increased general performance
- reduced display flicker in schedule
- schedule sorting options are stored
- added log duration display
- added Stop Log button to stop the log
- added seconds to the UTC clock

Free download as usual here:
http://home.arcor.de/carsten.knuetter/drm.htm

I hope you like it.

radiomann
27-10-2005, 21:31
Hi Carsten,
just downloaded it very good but, when I click on a channel my Winradio doesn't change to what I've clicked any help?

Paul

carknue
27-10-2005, 21:51
Hi Paul,

what Winradio do you use? It supports only G303. Also Winradio changed the dll before a few months and you need to install the newest Winradio Software, but be sure to close it before you use Discoverer.

Maybe other Winradio users can help. I didn't change anything to the Winradio control and it worked before.

EDIT: Oh, I see that Winradio has released programming details about the 313 serie. In case there is some interest, I could try to implement this rx in DRM Discoverer too?

FritzWue
27-10-2005, 23:44
Hi Carsten,

what about the DRT1? Not possible at all? :confused:

carknue
28-10-2005, 20:31
Hi Fritz,

this rx is already on my todo list, but it is not so easy. It looks a bit similar to the Elektor RX control, that might be an advantage.

BTW Are there any Winradio G313 users here?

radiomann
28-10-2005, 20:34
Hi Carsten
I have the G303 so it should work but I never got it to work before your new version of Discovery, I think I'm upto date on the Winradio software.

Paul

carknue
29-10-2005, 15:34
I need some DRT1 users for betatesting. Please write me a PM with your email address and I will send you soon a Beta for testing.

carknue
02-11-2005, 23:02
I'm still looking for Winradio G313 users for testing.

carknue
09-11-2005, 21:24
Good news for all Icom users. I implemented the ICOM CI-V interface control in DRM Discoverer, but I need some more beta testers with different Icom rigs. Please sendme a PM and I will send you a beta version.

carknue
13-11-2005, 17:27
Just finished and uploaded the brand new version 2.1 of DRM Discoverer. Changes and new features are:

- added support for SAT-Schneider DRT1
- added support for ICOM CI-V rigs
- added support for NRD 535
- added support for WiNRADiO G313
- added some more cleverness to the blue bar
- warning dialog with 3 options when changing frequency while logging
- adjusted GUI size to fit better with DRMSWR
- added presets editing window (right click between preset buttons)
- added color settings windows ( right click in schedule)
- renamed Enable to Start
- added history file
- new icon

http://home.arcor.de/carsten.knuetter/drm.htm#Disco

Per
19-11-2005, 08:47
Hi Carsten,

Thank you! Version 2.1 works very well with my PCR1000. I really like the little indication of the time that the logging is done.

WB9OFG
24-11-2005, 15:21
Hi Carsten, I have a Ten-Tec "Pegasus". I've heard that the command set may be the same as the RX-series of radios.
I'll give it a try and let you know.

John

carknue
27-11-2005, 21:09
Just finished and uploaded the brand new version 2.2 of DRM Discoverer. Changes and new features are:

- disabled volume control for NRD 535
- set NRD 545 volume slider initially to zero
- enlarged band selection box for faster access
- now 8 presets
- frequency step is set to 9 kHz, when MW band is selected
- defined some shortcuts
- Arrow left and right tunes in frequency steps up and down
- ALT+Y tunes 1 kHz down
- ALT+X tunes 1 kHz up
- ALT+S toggles Start checkbox
- ALT+M opens presets window
- ALT+C opens color settings window
- ALT+L starts or stops log
- ALT+V sets Volumeslider active use arrow up und downs for volume control
- ALT+A sets AUXslider active use arrow up und downs for AUX volume control
- low power schedule setting will be saved now

carknue
04-02-2006, 11:09
Just finished and uploaded the brand new version 2.2 of DRM Discoverer. Changes and new features are:

- new setting DWT CT to use DRMDisco together with Digital World Traveller Software from Coding Technologies
- some improvements in DWT control
- added support for NRD525
- set Baudrate to 1200 for all ICOM CI-V rigs, to be compatible with R71
- automatic Init procedure before every frequency change for Sat Schneider DRT1 to improve stability
- Yaesu FT817 works with FT847 setting
- added tuning step size of 10 kHz
- tuning step size is stored now in ini file

carknue
19-02-2006, 09:10
I'm looking for Yaesu FRG-100 users to test Fieldstrength measurements with DRm Discoverer.

Please send me PNwith your e-mail if interested.

carknue
26-02-2006, 00:16
Just finished and uploaded the brand new version 3.0 of DRM Discoverer. Changes and new features are:

- displaying and logging fieldstrength in dBµV with AOR 7030, Yaesu FRG100 and DWT
- renamed to DRM Disco
- enlarged RX selection list
- FRG100 delay in ini file
- Baudrate for ICOM rigs changable in ini file (1=1200bps, 2=4800bps)

carknue
11-03-2006, 17:48
Just finished and uploaded the brand new version 3.1 of DRM Disco. Changes and new features are:
added support for Kenwood TS-850
log file control for Dream >=1.6.2cvs from last weekend
added 2 presets
increased font size for fieldstrength display
Baudrate for ICOM rigs changable in ini file (1=1200bps, 2=19200bps)
small changes in GUITo control the log file function of Dream, just start Dream and open the Evaluation Dialog, select Dream in DRM Disco and connect your receiver. DRM Disco will produce an empty log record to get a fix point for the logging control. Please avoid selecting another plot in the chart selector. Logging control will fail then. Maybe this will be fixed in newer Dream versions.

So fieldstrength logging will be also possible with Dream. Please use DRMcalc Pro 6.1 for merging and displaying the fieldstrength!

DRM-OM
18-04-2006, 13:35
all the new features from November till now will cause me to purchase a DRT-1, I think...

daveG8SZX
18-04-2006, 16:39
Despite several attempts I cannot get the 2 units to work together.
Whenever I start the 313i with drmdisco active then the receiver cannot be found and starts in demo mode only
Any ideas?:confused:
dave G8SZX Leicester

[QUOTE=carknue]Just finished and uploaded the brand new version 3.1 of DRM Disco. Changes and new features are:[LIST]

peterc
19-05-2006, 12:04
Hi Carsten,

Having a problem with my 313i, I shut Winradio down before running DRMDisco but still won't connect, also while DRMDisco is running Winradio will only run in DEMO mode!

Any help?

regards, Peter, Hastings UK

daveG8SZX
20-05-2006, 11:52
Hi Peter
I received only my own message without your comments.
I would appreciate your feedback
cheers:)
dave G8SZX

Hi Carsten,

Having a problem with my 313i, I shut Winradio down before running DRMDisco but still won't connect, also while DRMDisco is running Winradio will only run in DEMO mode!

Any help?

regards, Peter, Hastings UK

carknue
18-11-2006, 20:46
After a long time, I just finished and uploaded the brand new version 3.2 of DRM Disco. Changes and new features are:

shows the radio weather values (Solar Flux, A-index and k-index) window length is now adjustable

The colors of these values in the status bar will give a quick overview about the propagation conditions. Quite interesting, I think....

GuidoS
25-04-2007, 17:30
Since a few weeks, I have WinRadio g313 external version. I am wondering how I can control it by drmdisco. It looks like I have to close the usual Winradio application and control it only by drmdisco, but how do I get the audio out. The external version has no separate line out like the internal version.

Any thoughts ? or is this just impossible with the external version.

carknue
02-05-2007, 17:06
Since a few weeks, I have WinRadio g313 external version. I am wondering how I can control it by drmdisco. It looks like I have to close the usual Winradio application and control it only by drmdisco, but how do I get the audio out. The external version has no separate line out like the internal version.

Any thoughts ? or is this just impossible with the external version.

Yes but no. It is possible with a new beta version of DRM Disco, but you will need a special winradio dll that is not available so far and it is not clear if it ever will be available at all. And no, I don't have this dll.

carknue
04-06-2007, 10:45
A new version of DRM Disco is ready for downloading. Changes and new features are:

added support for Elektor USB SDR
Winradio WRG313 control improved
improved spaceweather display
spaceweather autoupdate every hour
occured and expected radio blackouts, solar radioation and geomagnetic storms levels
version numbering changed Free download as usual here:

carknue
05-06-2007, 13:41
I just finished a brand new version of DRM Disco: New features and changes are:

support of AMSchedule.ini (just copy into the Disco folder)
signalstrength WRG313 changed
A-index bug fixedAMSchedule.ini can be dowloaded here:
http://drm.sourceforge.net/download/AMSchedule.zip

dadalbinder
05-06-2007, 21:52
Hallo Carsten K.,

das ist aber eine extrem gute Überraschung, wie schnell diese Erweiterung kam.

Zaubern im Handbetrieb ist jetzt unnötig geworden.

Das Schöne ist auch, daß das Funkwetter im Betrieb erhalten bleibt.

Viele können jetzt DREAM hinter DRMDisco laufen lassen und haben damit einen sehr zuverlässigen Multimodus-Empfänger.

Ich grüße

Wolfgang H., 49N28, 11E00

carknue
20-02-2008, 21:34
I just uploaded a new version that includes a fix for the spaceweather service.

carknue
15-03-2008, 14:48
With the new version 3.5.2, you are able to control the new Perseus SDR via the ICOM CI-V control interface.

Alan Johnson
15-03-2008, 16:22
Carsten-
Thanks for the new software. Do you have any plans to update DRM logger so it will control the Perseus?

Owdjim
04-11-2010, 02:38
Hi

Is anyone else having problems with DRM Disco's auto update of schedules not
updating? My copy (v3.5.2) seems to have stopped updating automatically. The space weather data is still updating ok. Manually downloading the drmschedule.ini file from drm-dx.de works fine, until I'm foolish enough to tick the "update" box again, and then my current schedule gets overwritten by old info :-(

Is this happening to anyone else?

Cheers, Chris

mitajohn
04-11-2010, 15:49
No problem with me, same disco version. I think the file was updated on 11/4/2010, is the same file as in dream.

AF4MP
17-12-2011, 20:38
In the last couple of days my DRM disco v3.5.2 starts with a German error message relating to an invalid integer value, and does not update the solar wx.

Furthermore when I try to click and unclick the update button it gives another error message stating that wwv.txt is being used by another process.

The program still controls my RX320D correctly but the error codes appeared out of nowhere, perhaps something to do with a recent Windows XP update?

I have removed and reinstalled the program and the same problem remains.

Anybody have ideas as to what happened and how to fix it?

simone
17-12-2011, 21:49
Hi Zyg,

I just tried and have the same problem, I have emailed Carsten in case he does not read here anymore.

Simone

dadalbinder
20-12-2011, 20:50
Hallo,

ich vermute, daß das Problem mit Teilen oder ganzem Zahlenformat eine Rolle spielt. Bei den Schilderungen frage ich mich, ob nach Updates von Microsoft irgendwelche Parameterneinfach umgestellt werden.

Teilweise kenne ich solche Probleme in meiner Praxis.

Ich arbeite mit XP und habe auch das Problem. Auch Neuinstallieren produziert das gleiche Ergebnis.

Gibt es Probleme bei neueren Microsoft-Umgebungen?
Vielleicht gibt dies eine Antwort.

Ich grüße

W. Hartmann

dadalbinder
26-12-2011, 17:40
Hello to the interested

A little bit of testing.

The problem is not the software but the newly loaded DRMDisco-File for updating.

If I change the new one to an older one, DRMDisco 352 is working.

I did not look the new file, but there should be used an untypical numberformat in one ore more lines.

The solution is easy. Now there is the big task, to go through the file from december to find one or more faults of wrong numer format.

Happy new year

W. Hartmann

Owdjim
11-02-2012, 03:18
Hello to the interested

A little bit of testing.

The problem is not the software but the newly loaded DRMDisco-File for updating.

If I change the new one to an older one, DRMDisco 352 is working.

I did not look the new file, but there should be used an untypical numberformat in one ore more lines.

The solution is easy. Now there is the big task, to go through the file from december to find one or more faults of wrong numer format.

Happy new year

W. Hartmann

Hi

I think it is the format of the wwv.txt space weather file that has changed.

I've tested earlier versions of DRM Disco that don't fetch this file and they seem to be updating the DRM schedules ok.

Looking at some copies of wwv.txt on my system the current ones look like:

:Product: Geophysical Alert Message wwv.txt
:Issued: 2012 Feb 11 0005 UTC
# Prepared by the US Dept. of Commerce, NOAA, Space Weather Prediction Center
#
# Geophysical Alert Message
#
Solar-terrestrial indices for 10 February follow.
Solar flux 111 and estimated planetary A-index 4.
The estimated planetary K-index at 0000 UTC on 11 February was 1.

No space weather storms were observed for the past 24 hours.

No space weather storms are predicted for the next 24 hours.

whereas an older one I found looks like this:

:Product: Geophysical Alert Message wwv.txt
:Issued: 2010 Nov 05 2105 UTC
# Prepared by the US Dept. of Commerce, NOAA, Space Weather Prediction Center
#
# Geophysical Alert Message
#
Solar-terrestrial indices for 05 November follow.
Solar flux 83 and estimated mid-latitude A-Index 4.
The mid-latitude K-index at 2100 UTC on 05 November was 1 (6 nT).

Space weather for the past 24 hours has been minor.
Radio blackouts reaching the R1 level occurred.

Space weather for the next 24 hours is expected to be minor.
Radio blackouts reaching the R1 level are expected.

I'm not sure if that is the cause of the problem or not?

Cheers, Chris

AF4MP
15-02-2012, 15:35
I just tried and have the same problem, I have emailed Carsten in case he does not read here anymore.

Simone, did Carsten reply to your email?

GuidoS
12-04-2012, 18:23
I was also searching for a solution but I cant find one.

The reason for this behavior is that the formatting of the DRMSchedule.ini that is automatically downloaded starts to go wrong at line 1033. Look at this example. The entry for Vatican radio is still correct but then the next one is completely wrong.

StartStopTimeUTC=2300-2330
Days[SMTWTFS]=1111111
Frequency=9755
Target=N America
Power=60
Programme=Vatican Radio
Language=English
Site=Santa Maria
Country=Vatican

StartStopTimeUTC=PHL FEB
Days[SMTWTFS]=0000000
Frequency=0000 0015
Target=
Power=
Programme=KHM SEA 9795i
Language=
Site=
Country=a

StartStopTimeUTC=HOL Rad
Days[SMTWTFS]=0000000
Frequency=0000 0027
Target=
Power=
Programme=d NL ENA 9445/
Language=BES
Site=
Country=rlan

Is nobody from the DRM consortium reading here anymore ? Or do they consider DRM as completely dead ?

I have an idea that this happens since the introduction of this http://www.drm.org/broadcast_schedule page. Does anybody know if this was introduced a half a year ago.

And has anybody already contacted drmrxforum@stoepplernet.de about the issue we are struggling with ?

Guido

AF4MP
13-04-2012, 15:02
And has anybody already contacted drmrxforum@stoepplernet.de about the issue we are struggling with ?

"drmrxforum@stoepplernet.de" is Simone who replied in message #34 above.

We are all still waiting for a reply from Carsten the author of DRM Disco.

GuidoS
13-04-2012, 16:36
The question is, does it really matter. The schedule at http://www.drm.org/broadcast_schedule is really a mess. Incomplete, lots of errors etc. It seems www.eibi.de.vu is the source to go.

GuidoS
13-04-2012, 18:25
I have extracted the DRM data from the Eibi website and put them into an Excel file. This Excel file has a macro that tunes Perseus automatically to the desired frequency. Please find it attached.