PDA

View Full Version : Why arn't UK people logging UK stations?


radiomann
29-08-2005, 20:18
I don't understand how the Germany community log very well but us British can't log reports for stations aimed at us this is not good for UK DRM I see reports for 177long wave great but not UK logs, DRM for the UK is down the pan, it's getting boring now and this is from an anorak:o

simone
29-08-2005, 20:47
Hi Paul,
you are absolutely right, I have been wondering about this too.
Btw, the same is true for people in North America!
73, Simone

radiomann
29-08-2005, 21:12
Originally posted by simone
Hi Paul,
you are absolutely right, I have been wondering about this too.
Btw, the same is true for people in North America!
73, Simone

Hi Simone,
Yes North America is the same, I really don't understand the logic behind it, on UK radio forums you have the same people on here saying how good or bad DRM is for the UK and they are members of this forum but only log non UK stations????
How bad is that.

Paul

PaulT
29-08-2005, 23:33
Could be the programme content and time of broadcast. Most nights l work late on PC and listen to RTL 5990 from 23h00 onwards their music is very good variety The RTL tests to UK are in the day time I have other stuff to do but did manage to get a report in the other saturday.

Best Regards

Paul T

radiomann
30-08-2005, 05:38
Originally posted by PaulT
Could be the programme content and time of broadcast. Most nights l work late on PC and listen to RTL 5990 from 23h00 onwards their music is very good variety The RTL tests to UK are in the day time I have other stuff to do but did manage to get a report in the other saturday.

Best Regards

Paul T


Hi Paul,
I understand about the time that has always been a problem, now a days I leave my computer on 24/7 (almost) as I work 6 days a week my day off Saturdays is taken up shopping and the like so I hear very little DRM but make the effort for UK services when I can, but I do understand it just seemed strange that there was so little response from the UK to UK services.

Paul

Richard Beales
30-08-2005, 12:41
Hi,

Many of the transmissions to the UK seem to be aimed at demonstrating DRM to commercial broadcasters who might want to use it on MW, so there doesn't seem to be much point in recording log after log for those when the quality of SW reception is irrelevant.

I lost daytime RNW when it moved to 41m and the Rampisham transmissions aren't normally audible here, so that doesn't leave much else to listen to, especially with conditions not being great the moment.

cheers,
Richard

simone
31-08-2005, 16:05
Originally posted by Richard Beales
Many of the transmissions to the UK seem to be aimed at demonstrating DRM to commercial broadcasters who might want to use it on MW, so there doesn't seem to be much point in recording log after log for those when the quality of SW reception is irrelevant.



Although there are MW stations on some of the UK transmissions, I think results from the UK would be important for the people involved in the transmissions, to see how it works and maybe in the future there will be other SW broadcasters again.

73, Simone

johnn
31-08-2005, 17:02
Hello all,
I only sent in 1 log of RTL on 7145khz. The reception was similar every day ie a good signal, but poorer SNR than 6095. Conditions here were better it seems than elsewhere in UK, but not for a full time service.
6085khz is bad due to RTL & that carrier! 177khz seems possible late night here ( audio good)
Promise to improve...